The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Virginia Beach, 9/15-9/19


My grandpa is cooler than yours.

The above statement was one of many lessons learned in Virginia Beach last weekend. Other lessons include:
* A little wine goes a long way.
* Dessert isn't only for after dinner.
* My family thinks it's really funny to humiliate me in any way possible.
* If you just smile and nod, they'll eventually stop.
* My grandma really likes Deal or No Deal, even if Howie won't let anyone touch him.
* Fishing is fun...at least in theory.
* Sand in your crotch can really get in the way of fun (just ask Uncle Hal).

I think that's about it. It was good to see the grandparentals and my Uncle Hal and Aunt Cheryl before I ship off. I even got to see my cousin Brian and his finacee, who are in the fifth circle of hell - also known as simultaneously gutting and re-finishing your new house and planning a Jamaican wedding - but smiling all the way through it. I'm sure both the wedding and house will be spectacular - power of positive thinking and all that.
So, there were some teary good-byes with Grandma and Aunt Cheryl - the second in what I'm sure will become a much longer list.
Only 8 more days until I fly to D.C., and I have to say that I'm READY to go, even if I'm not, you know, packed and all that. Although I did get my Pennsylvania driver's liscense today - holler!

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

dude i'm glad you're finally posting, and so excited for you, etc etc! oh, and i have GOT to meet your grandpa. he is one "coo dood."

1:33 AM

 
Blogger T-Mac said...

My family likes to humiliate me as much as possible too. I guess that's what families do. See you soon! :-)

3:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home